Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MaggieEl

MaggieEl

Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 am

I'd like to suggest a community bulletin board be placed somewhere at spawn. I believe the benefits of this would be two fold; 1) a centralized place where players could post anything from materials needed to "thoughts of the day," and 2) a reason for visiting the amazing spawn area!
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:00 pm

I really like this idea! But how would the server allow players to post what ever they want? There is quite a few players and no limit to what they would put. But yea, this would be a cool contribution to spawn
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:26 pm

I like it, but not sure how it'd work. What would stop random players from destroying everyone else's signs etc?
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Owl_Talon
Admin
Owl_Talon

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:02 pm

I agree, I like it.  However, as Juran said, is there some way to limit vandalism?
Back to top Go down
Owl_Talon
Admin
Owl_Talon

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:03 pm

An idea?  Give only trusted members perms to the board?  And they could post for those not trusted?  Just a thought. . .
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

"Sell" Spots on the board to members? 500 gets you a spot on the board for lifetime?

Or

At least for the map? xD
Back to top Go down
Owl_Talon
Admin
Owl_Talon

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Or just give spots, like we give rooms in the Mel Inn. However, that might mean a really big board!
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 am

Someone's gonna have to monitor the board etc, mod it. I'm thinking let the trusted members moderate it, and let the moderators add new spots to it as time passes by etc. That way I don't have to worry about watching the board constantly as well as all the other duties etc.
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Yea. I really don't suggest giving EVERYONE who wants to have a bulletin perms to it. Like Owl said, maybe just Trusted+ people could put bulletins up for non trusted members
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah, but say someone's on vacation or going on vacation, logs on real quick just to post something.

Why not just let normal players post stuff to their specific spots.

Truth be told, we already have a bulletin board, it's called the forums, but sadly almost everyone refuses to use it. I've considered forcing forum registration, but not sure that'd help anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn   Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Bulletin Board and Visiting Spawn
Page 1 of 1