Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NoCheatPlus

Go down 
+4
King_Jul
rhecker90
flyingtaco13
Juran_Fox
8 posters

Nocheat
Install the Plugin
NoCheatPlus I_vote_lcap8%NoCheatPlus I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Install the Plugin heavily Nerfed
NoCheatPlus I_vote_lcap0%NoCheatPlus I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Install the Plugin's Information Reporting ability
NoCheatPlus I_vote_lcap50%NoCheatPlus I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Do not install the Plugin
NoCheatPlus I_vote_lcap42%NoCheatPlus I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:50 pm

I am sure many of you have heard about it. Some of you may even like it, while others of you dread it.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/nocheatplus/

For those of you who don't know what it is, NoCheatPlus, is a giant plugin, designed simply to stop players from hacking. The positive lines of it are this.

1: Stops most hacks.
2: Reports nearly all hacks.
3: Severely nerfs any player's ability to hack.

The negative lines however... are why it's not installed yet.

1: Affects all players, whether or not they are hacking.
2: Often causes rubber banding, blocks reappearing, along with other misc lag.
3: Is a big, therefore also heavy plugin for the server.

Fenix has always hated nocheat type of plugins that harm all players equally wither they are hacking or not. We've felt for a very long time that it is not right to punish our true players, the ones that do not hack, simply because of the ones who do.

Truth be told, we have not needed a nocheat type of plugin for a very long time. We've had a-lot of good players, players that honestly we didn't need to concern ourselves with too much in terms of hacking. However it has come to my attention repeatedly, and consistently, that for some reason, during the change between Fenix 1.0 and 2.0, people have come to the conclusion that it's ok to hack. This is a very sad change, but it is forcing me to look into taking significantly more serious steps to stopping hacking. I don't want to take this step, because I know it will hurt Fenix, but it has come to the point at which the pain this plugin will cause Fenix, is beginning to compare with the pain hackers wish to cause Fenix.

However... I am going to leave the choice up to you, the players of Fenix.

There are four options in the polls above.
1: Install the plugin.
This would install the plugin in all of it's horrific glory. Hackers would most likely be stopped dead in their tracks, however the chance to damage normal gameplay would be astronomical.

2: Install the plugin heavily nerfed.
This would install the plugin, with limits put on it's power. Hackers would be much more limited in what they could do, and reports would roll in should they try to push those limits. However, normal gameplay could still be affected badly.

3: Install the plugin only to provide information.
Nocheat naturally records any "weird" behavior, and reports it to the admins in charge. This would allow the plugin to simply record information. It would not stop hackers, however it would alert the admins better to possible hacking activity. This option would most likely not affect gameplay.

4: Do not install nocheat.
Continue going as it is now.

Note that one way or another, the decision rests in the hands of the owners and what we decide. However I am interested in your input on this.
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
flyingtaco13

flyingtaco13

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:02 pm

I payed 80$ on mineplex because it was an awesome server, they added it and every time i go on i just log back out after 10 mins because no cheat ruins everything. You guys add no cheat im done on this server.
Back to top Go down
rhecker90

rhecker90

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm 3 Or 4... I Love How It Would Stop Hackers But Would Hate How It Affects Normal Players... It Also Disables Rei's Mini Map.... Not Cool. 3 Would Be Nice To Record Hackers, But What If It Records Things that Are Not Hacks Such As (Acrobatics) If I fall From A High Height And I Roll Or Get Graceful Landing It Might Think I'm Hacking. There Could Be Other Things Like This But I'm Not 100% Sure. So In Conclusion, I'm A 3 Or 4.. Leaning towards 4. Thanks For Reading!
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm going to say 3 or 4 for one main reason! Every time someone uses McMMO, the plugin will think that the player is using some sort of hack. So pretty much, this plugin and McMMO don't mix at all.
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

I will be hardfixing this plugin to ignore MCMMO.
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Emslayer

Emslayer

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:18 am

Hi guys,

I play on a few servers that use similar plugins, and it bans/kicks more innocent people than it bans the hackers. I'll give you an example:

I take a teleportation block that teleports me somewhere, but I'm lagging and get temp banned.
A hacker comes on, flies everywhere and the autoban system does nothing about it.

I believe option 3 is a fantastic idea than either 2 or 1 because it's letting staff know and give them the decision if they want to take action.

I do have a little bit of lag on Fenix and sometimes it's unbearable (it's my side of the connection) and I don't think that this plugin would help my situation.

Option 4 may be okay for now until Fenix player base increases.

Back to top Go down
Liamkoos

Liamkoos

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 9:57 am

If Fenix wants to becomes bigger... there will be more hackers of course. More hackers means that the game isn't fair anymore (mods like fly or Xray). Mods like Kill Aura or force field can be seen very fast by players and can be reported. But Xray and fly are harder to see because no hacker will fly when there is another player near him. Admins has to do more work to see Xrayers and Flying people when the server gets bigger. So it would maybe be nice for the Admins to see who can possible hack with the plugin that reports stuff to them. 3 for me.
Back to top Go down
RizmanMS

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm

3.  This way the report can be gathered and then the Admins can get together and discuss a course of action.  If we think we have someone hacking, we the Admins follow them closely.

Riz
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyBriggs

BigDaddyBriggs

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I could go 3 and/or 4. I like the idea of it reporting gathered info but i'm not a fan of the negatives that could come with even installing it to just report.
Back to top Go down
Emslayer

Emslayer

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:54 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NoCheatPlus Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoCheatPlus   NoCheatPlus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NoCheatPlus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fenix :: Archives-
Jump to: