Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Testing Server

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

Beta Testing Server Empty
PostSubject: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Hello!

As most have probably noticed, our server recently had a few problems with lag and what not that have been fixed. However in the course of us messing around and trying to fix the problem, a few statistics were... em... fried...  affraid

We had to pull a backup from August 3rd in order to replace the fried statistics, however... I did have a thought in order to avoid future incidents like this.

What if we had a beta testing server?

If I had a beta testing server, I could test plugins on the server without any fear of something blowing up and ruining everyone's day.  drunken  I could shut down the server and tweak it without anyone noticing the down time.  Sleep  I could even check for things that we all have been wanting, but I've been too afraid to tinker with! Such as... oh Idk... renabling TNT. xD

Various things can be done on the beta testing server to help out the main Fenix server without causing any sort of lag, downtime, or anything of the kind on the main Fenix server.

To summarize the benefits of a testing server I have submitted the options below.

#1 When having plugin issues, I don't have to cause trouble on the main server, I can simply use the testing server to fix the issue, then quickly resolve it on the main server.
#2 When having server lag issues, I can isolate the problem on the testing server, without having to disable plugins, whitelist, or even turn off our main server.
#3 Downtime during any backup of the main server should be cut in half hopefully, by being able to use the test server to backup the main server.
#4 There will now be 3 sources of the server to confirm that there's little to no risk to losing complete server data. One on the main server, one on the backup server, and one on my computer.
#5 I can test out far fetched ideas that could possibly improve Fenix in the future.
#6 Overall downtime for Fenix would probably be cut in half, or even more.
#7 Bugs and issues on Fenix would also be cut in half, or even more.
#8 This is the server I'd use to test out the possibility of a creative server, or even skyblock sister server in the future!

This server would be a private server, that only Me, Owl, and Bee could access, and special players who's advice would seem helpful at times during the diagnoses of a problem. This server would quite literally be the engine that allowed Fenix to run substantially more smoothly, and effectively.

The cost per month of this testing server would be, $8 a month, cheaper if we buy it in larger then monthly packages. This server would basically be a support package for Fenix.

Please vote and give us your opinions! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
milo890
Staff

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 pm

I think this would help with the lag issues. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Horror_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:46 pm

I am all for this.
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 am

I say go for it!
Back to top Go down
Gr8ness

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:30 pm

It should help find a fix for the lag issues.. I say do it
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Been almost a month since any further information has been said. Is this still a possibility?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing Server   Beta Testing Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beta Testing Server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fenix :: Archives-
Jump to: