Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fenix 2.0 Handbook

Go down 
2 posters

Is Fenix 2.0 meeting your expectations?
Yes
Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_lcap100%Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
No
Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_lcap0%Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided
Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_lcap0%Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Nathan.Cooley

Nathan.Cooley

Fenix 2.0 Handbook Empty
PostSubject: Fenix 2.0 Handbook   Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 am

I'm back with another wall of text!

As promised, here is everything the new player needs to know about Fenix 2.0, (or at least, Fenix 2.0 in it's current and very early stages). This pseudo-wiki will be improved, updated, and added upon over time.

Index:
Fenix 2.0 Handbook Divider

FAQ:

What has been added in Fenix 2.0?

A LOT of stuff. Most notably, we now have a Prison gamemode. I'm sure everyone here is familiar with how a prison server works, but, we're in beta at the moment. Which means for the time being, things might not be as intuitive as they'll eventually be, and for that reason, I'm going to break it down a bit in a latter section of this article.
Moreover, as you all are aware, a new map. And finally, a variety of plugins that will facilitate a further variety of new hurdles to jump. In addition to that, a significant amount of time and effort has been put into automation of things that players would otherwise need to rely on staff for - such as claiming of land, and acquiring a rank.

What aspects of the original Fenix were removed in 2.0?

As far as I know, none. The main objective of Fenix 2.0 is to add several new dynamics to gameplay, not to take any of the beloved and/or familiar ones away. Most everything that you know in the original Fenix is, or at least will be, a part of the new Fenix as well.

What is yet to be added to Fenix 2.0?

If this article is > ~2-5 months old, there's probably still one thing or another we're working on implementing into Fenix, or even crossing over from the Original. See (4.0.0) Misc. Notes & To-do List for more up-to-date information regarding tentative, ongoing, and even previous changes to Fenix.

Why was Fenix '2.0' opened as a beta, as opposed to finishing it first?

The best way to make sure something is the best it can be is to give it a trail run to work out the kinks. Which is not to say that Fenix is not live, we're just calling it a 'beta' so everyone is aware that there are still bugs that need to be worked out. Instead of putting off the release of Fenix any longer, it was decided that it would be best to let the bugs present themselves, and we would fix them as we go along - just as we have been doing. With the help of our community at large, the host of problems that Juran and I have been running into while configuring each of these plugins to pose a challenge to the calibre of talent and ingenuity that is Fenix, we've managed to work out a good amount of issues in the short time since 2.0 went live (Sat. Feb. 21st, 2015)

When can we expect Fenix 2.0 to be completely finished?

Honestly? I haven't the foggiest idea.

That largely depends on your definition of 'finished', I suppose. If by finished, you mean that all the plugins, features and updates are all working seamlessly, that should happen in the next two months, if all goes well. But, in a way, I don't think that we'll ever be 'finished' as such - I feel as if there's always something we're going to want to tweak, add, test, or overcome that grows the server and by extension the entire Fenix community. That is, at least, until PNAP catches fire and CubedHost goes under, or the entire internet breaks... So lets assume the former for the time being.

Staff:

Fenix 2.0 Handbook Body     Fenix 2.0 Handbook Body     Fenix 2.0 Handbook Body     Fenix 2.0 Handbook Body     Fenix 2.0 Handbook Body

• Juran_Fox - Owner
  • Owl_Talon - Owner
  • BeeAngel - Owner
  • n8_c00 - Developer
  • ASK_YO_MAMA - Builder
    I'm sure there are people that I have missed. If you are staff and you see your name missing here, please say so in this thread so I / Juran can add you.

Rules:

The cardinal rule of both Fenix and Fenix 2.0 is do not cheat. Personally, I define cheating as any act that, through which, the player gets an unfair advantage over other players. This includes but is not limited to; X-Ray texture/resource packs, modified/cracked Minecraft clients, exploitation of bugs to illegitimately obtain goods, and so on.

Other than that, no "Official" rules as of yet. Simply remember to be kind, courteous, and respectful to your fellow player and all should be well.

Connect to Fenix / Fenix 2.0 / Fenix TS

Fenix IP: fenix.mymc.io or 198.50.141.80:25618

Fenix 2.0 IP: 192.99.148.120:25615

Fenix TS: 198.15.70.250:20040 | Password: fenix - Download TeamSpeak3 client

Gameplay - Overview:

Free (Survival)

• Ranks:
    Improving your rank is arguably the most important component of gameplay, in both the "Free" and "Prisoner" gametypes. Among the things influenced by your rank are access to certain parts of the world 2.1.1, 2.2.1, access to certain commands and abilities 2.5.4, 2.3.0, 2.2.0, and most importantly, your mcMMO experience/economy multipliers. In short, the more you level up, the faster you will be able to earn money and the more powerful your mcMMO abilities will be.
  • Hub:
    The Hub is what should be considered the spawn-point for all player in the Free group. It contains a variety of information resources, warp zones 2.1.2.1, and other vital public facilities. It will, eventually, be a trade centre as well (don't quote me on that), and an entry point for the Prison-Run black market, or "Smuggler's Den" 3.6.0.  
  • Biome Temples:
    The Biome Temples are the aforementioned 'warp zones' that contain a sign warp - each leading to a different biome in the overworld. These signs are free to use, and lead to wilderness where a player can mine, build, and settle just as they would playing a vanilla Survival game. You'll be able to protect your structures and containers with GriefProtection 2.5.9 to claim sections of land as your own.
  • Cities:
    Much like the 'UFO' on the original Fenix, the Free portion of Fenix 2.0 will also have a section for clickable Sign Warps that take the user to a city that they've built. As is everything on the server at this stage, the city warps are still a work in progress.
  • Staff / Hall of Fame:
    This is a building located in the Hub, full of likenesses of the Staff, contributors, and most accomplished players of Fenix. If you see your head here, you have something to be proud of.

Prison

• Ranks (Prison Ladder):
    See section 2.3.0 (Group / Rank Hierarchy) for rank name and more technical details
    In prison, you'll need a certain amount of money to graduate to the next rank. Once you have accumulated enough money, you can return to Prison's spawn and click the Rank Sign 2.5.3 associated with the rank you want to purchase. Your objective as a Prisoner is to rankup until you reach the "Wanderer" group, which is the starting group for the "Free" permissions ladder. You have the choice of being Free at the very beginning, or going into the prison and graduating from it to collect all the perks inside prison. However, once you make a choice, you can't go back on it - unless you reset your rank, in which case, you must start over again from Newcomer.
    The farther up the rank ladder you go, you'll gain access to better mines and farms 2.2.2, 2.2.3 and more luxurious living quarters 2.2.5. Now you're probably thinking to yourself;

"Why on earth would anyone want to go through the prison, only to obtain a rank that they could have at the very start? That just seems like a whole bunch of trouble for nothing..."

Well, that's an excellent question. And the answer to that question could be several bullet points long, but, the most important reason is to get a massive headstart on your mcMMO skills before graduating to the Free ranks. mcMMO power levels that would normally take months to reach, take only a matter of days to obtain in high tier prison ranks such as Prisoner A and Prisoner B. Spoiler: there are literally more ores in A Mine then there is stone.  
  • Mines:
    Mines are facilities exclusive to prison that are self-regenerating holes in the ground filled with stone/dirt and have various goodies randomly scattered throughout. The idea behind mines is for prisoners to grind away, mining, smelting, and selling their items to the CommandShop in order to reach the next rank in Prison.
  • Tree Farms:
    The same concept as Mines, except these do not reset automatically. That being said, please replant any trees that you harvest from this area.
  • Graveyard:
    If you die in the Prison, you are teleported here. You can
    Code:
    /spawn
    or
    Code:
    /home
    if your group has access to that command and you have a home set.
  • Command Shops:
    Command Shops are where you can go to sell your goods. There are various command shops in the prison; one in each rank's cellblock, one at the Prison's spawn, and a few others here and there. For a list of commands associated with Command shops, please visit this resource: https://rawgit.com/aeheathc/CommandShops/master/doc/commands.html

Ranks - Overview

Expand the section bellow to see an overview of the ranks (in ascending order);

Group / Rank Hierarchy:

Spigot

Spigot is a fork of CraftBukkit, and is essentially just a modified version of it - with a few tweaks. A vast majority (if not, all) of Bukkit plugins are compatible with Spigot, and certainly all of the staples like PermissionsEx, Essentials, WorldEdit, mcMMO, Multiverse, and so on. Spigot is what we use over Bukkit based on it's performance, compatibility between various Minecraft client and plugin versions, configurability, versatility, features, and depth/quality of it's developer community.

Plugins

This is not a comprehensive list of the plugins that Fenix 2.0 has installed, but rather a list of the most important plugins that affect a player directly;

• FearTheReaper: MythicMobs:
    This plugin adds various levels of reconfigurability to Minecraft's default set of Mob entities for the purpose of adding pseudo-custom mobs by way of NBT data alteration. If you see a "Skeleton King", run.
  • PermissionsEx
    PermissionsEx, or PEX, is a lightweight Permissions Manager, and is the core of Fenix 2.0. Although it works only in the background, it regulates nearly all aspects of gameplay and player-environment interaction.
  • ClickRank
    Click rank is the plugin that allows you to sell ranks for in-game money.
  • mcMMO
    mcMMO takes core Minecraft game mechanics and expands them into an extensive and RPG-like experience. For example, your "Woodcutting" or "Mining" skills will increase relative by how much you exercise them, making you more proficient at each. Every mcMMO skill has with it an unique ability, eg. Woodcutting's ability is "Tree Feller", which allows you to cut down trees instantaneously for a short period of time.
  • BuyRegion
    Allows you to create signs which can be used to buy or rent WorldGuard regions.
  • CommandShops
    Command-based shop plugin, currently only used for selling items in the Prison
  • Essentials
    Essentials is the de-facto standard set up for Minecraft servers. It provides a core set of user and admin commands, and is tied into several aspects of Fenix 2.0. For example, all economy is powered by a cooperation of Vault, and EssentialsEco.
  • MineResetLite
    MineResetLite is the successor to MineReset, which provides tools to create, reset, and maintain randomly generated mines.
  • GriefPrevention
    Automatically protects virtually all forms of grief, including build/break, theft, spam, fire, spawn camping and lava damage. Juran actually hand-picked this plugin himself.

Gameplay (cont.) - Commands / How To:

Survival

TBD

Prison

TBD

Ranks

TBD

mcMMO

TBD

Misc. Useful Commands

TBD

Prison-run Shops (Smuggler's Den)

TBD

Misc. Notes & To-do List:

TBD

Changelog

• Price of Prison ranks decreased slightly 2015-02-24
  • Sell Prices of command Shop items adjusted slightly 2015-02-24
  • Wooden Logs removed from Command Shop 2015-02-24
  • FIXED: BuyRegion plots in prison not expiring after allotted time 2015-02-24

Prologue

TBD
Fenix 2.0 Handbook Line-divider-without-writing-v2
Fenix 2.0 Handbook Ecceb5_9915efa1527044298829d518530bf2b9.png_srz_p_300_341_75_22_0.50_1.20_0

Last edited by Nathan.Cooley on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cubedhost.com/
King_Jul

King_Jul

Fenix 2.0 Handbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenix 2.0 Handbook   Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Thank you for this Nate. This certainly cleared up a lot of the questions I had.
Back to top Go down
Nathan.Cooley

Nathan.Cooley

Fenix 2.0 Handbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenix 2.0 Handbook   Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 am

No problem.

It's still a work in progress, hence all the To Be Determined stuff -- but I'll be updating it regularly Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cubedhost.com/
Sponsored content

Fenix 2.0 Handbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenix 2.0 Handbook   Fenix 2.0 Handbook I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fenix 2.0 Handbook
Page 1 of 1