Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1.8.0 To Do List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:26 am

Hello! Many people have been looking into 1.8, and have gotten quite excited about it! albino

In response to the dozens of requests to update, I have started working on an update, however this update is going to take time. It is a major update, one of the most major updates that have been released in the last almost a year, and as such it'll take a great deal of time to prepare for it, and switch over to it.

I have made a to do list, to make it clear what we're doing to get ready to have a 1.8 changeover.

#1 We need to examine the 1.8 change log, to see if there's anything that might affect the server's economy, plugins, or method of functioning. For example, are we going to add in rabbit meat, rabbit fur, and other items to the server shops? Is there any items that have been changed that need nerfed, or boosted in prices? Is there any other kinds of changes involved in that we need to do before we switch over? This examination could take a good while, cause the full change log is not posted in the launcher.

#2 We need to figure out a correct working version of 1.8 spigot. As many know there has been severe block lag with some of the later versions of spigot. We're not sure yet if 1.8 has fixed that block lag or not. We're going to go through extensive testing to see if we can remove this coding error of spigot, or at least get around it if possible.

#3 We need to make sure all the plugins are working correctly with 1.8. This is probably the hardest step of all, considering the lack of recent updates, alot of the modders that have been working on the plugins have moreless gone silent. We may need to tweak hundreds of changes to get the server running perfectly on a 1.8 setting.

#4 We're looking into deleting unused map chunks with this version change, that way we can re-explore some parts of the map and get the new awesome stuff. Very Happy

Current progress?

#1, "20% complete"
#2, "Tried an automatic update, failed miserably, going to need to go to more extreme measures."
#3 "0% complete"
#4 "0% complete, obviously"
Thank you for your time and patience. Smile

Know that we are working on getting the server updated, and I will try to edit this post as I work on it.
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Current progress?

#1, "20% complete"
#2, "Looked up all available versions of 1.8 spigot, there are currently no versions out that provide the 1.8 additions. So currently it's impossible to update or continue further on this end."
#3 "0% complete"
#4 "0% complete, obviously"
Thank you for your time and patience. Smile
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Can you also look into name changes please? Mojang clearly states that they are not 100% positive when this ability will be released, but it will be in the near future.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 pm

A name change for anyone on our server would completely wreck our plugins. They'd lose perms to all protected land. Their money would be wiped. Their Homes reset. Their perms reset. Their MCMMO reset. All of our plugins basically, even the voting plugin rely on names to keep track of who is who and what goes to who. I HIGHLY doubt that name changes will be automatic for the near future.

However, once/if name changes actually become possible, we might consider setting up a large fee, probably 10-20k or so, for someone to change their name.

This fee would go to the owner, in this case me, as payment for all the work I'd go into editting dozens and dozens of files changing your previous name to the new name. This editting could take easily an hour, or more, and it's really risky business, so I just prefer not do it at all.

IF

Mojang actually releases an ability to change names, bring it to my attention and we'll decide what we do with it. Currently it's a mute point cause I don't think there's any name changes available currently.
Back to top Go down
King_Jul

King_Jul

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Sorry if I just brought up/started a problem. Thanks for looking into it for me though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1.8.0 To Do List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.8.0 To Do List   1.8.0 To Do List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.8.0 To Do List
Page 1 of 1