Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starship Storm is Here! News Update!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

Starship Storm is Here! News Update! Empty
PostSubject: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Planet Storm's Headquarters, on the northern border of Storm Front.

"There's not enough time…" Stated the director looking out the window at the vast city. His servomechanisms tinkered and ticked as he thought about how he was going to save his culture from destruction. Long ago had their civilization abandoned all contact with the flesh. They had evolved beyond the flesh, to become mechanical beings. The limitations that had haunted them before, food, water, oxygen, temperature, all things of the past, however with this new mechanical form a new limitation arrived. The sun, their only source of power was dieing, it was in the beginning stages of going supernova. All that would be left of their grand civilization of mechanical intelligent beings would be nothing but ash and dust. Perhaps a nebula would remain, but nothing more.

The councilman stood beside the director, as the sub-director of science he had failed to find any sort of solution to the problem that faced them. "There's only one way we can survive." He stated bluntly. "We must integrate our intelligence into a spacecraft, and launch it, hoping that it will rebuild this civilization on another planet. There is no time to develop the necessary technology to move our entire planet, or current population to another planet. The best we can hope to do is plant our seed on another world. Or perhaps even several worlds."

The director released a steam of hot air from one of his lateral ports, designed originally as a cooling system support, however it had become a replacement for the emotional equivalent of a sigh. The councilman stepped a few paces away. He did not appreciate getting blown with hot air. The director amused at this reaction responded "Just how much of our civilization can be saved with these spacecraft? Can our history, our legacy also be saved? Can our culture be saved? Can who we are be saved?" The councilman responded, "We are talking about the great unknown, there is no way to be sure that our spacecraft would ever even land on a suitable planet. However that is our only alternative to complete annihilation." The director looked to the distant sun for a few minutes before replying. "Do it"

3000 Years Later, on the local Fenix news.

A cow today just found a way to climb up a tree! Nobody could believe it, but the cow just sat on the tree till a local beaver came by and chopped it down. The cow filed theft and harassment charges against the beaver, to, which the beaver simply responded, "He should go plant his own tree forest." The cow couldn't be reached for comment, cause one of his pets kept answering the phone and going "moo".

In other news! A meteorite has been found on Fenix! This odd meteorite landed, and promptly broadcasted this message as it landed!

"Greetings Weird Blocky Creatures,

We have come to your planet in search of rescue. Our Civilization has been destroyed, and our ship badly damaged. Throughout the past many thousands of years, meteors have struck our ship, and often they have even clung to our haul. Very little is left of what we originally left our planet with. With our last strength and independent will, we have constructed a base, and we have decided that we should trust the blockians with the future of our civilization. However we do not make this decision lightly, and we would like to request that the blockian leadership hold a great quest, or challenge to find the worthy caring individual blockian to guard our spaceship and this base we have created.

We will give the base, and the land we own here, and also the meteors that have grafted themselves to our hull to anyone who will be the greatest successor in all the challenges. We wish you all well. Find someone to guard our remains when we fall asleep."

Shocking isn't it! Aliens from outer space! Unfortanitly the derpy characters in the government haven't quite figured out what the word Alien means, so we're taking over from here! Here is a full list of all the awesome challenges that we have prepared to see who's the best Fenix… er I mean Blockian around! Very Happy Have fun ladies and gentleman! Also, on a side note, if you see a beaver, he has a warrant out for his arrest, signed by yours truly, Mrs Milky, Judge and Tree Hugger."

Serious stuff... Kinda xD

I know everyone was looking forward to a quest, a quest might yet happen, as I state below we will be adding more achievements quite often to keep the game going and interesting. This event will last for two weeks, giving everyone plenty of time to give his or her good old try in for the top jackpot! This event will last from today, September 20th, till October the 6th of this year, which gives just slightly over two weeks to do it.

The system is going to work as a points system. Each player has 2 weeks to earn as many points as possible. The person with the most points wins the jackpot! However, all people will be given rewards for participating. Each person that participates will get 50 Fens per point that they earn. So giving us a positive comment on our minestatus page will earn you 500 fens, even if you don't get the jackpot! If you do get the jackpot, you'll earn 500 fens plus the jackpot! Very Happy The points are accumulative, so if you earn 10 for the minestatus page, then 10 for the planet minecraft page, you'll get 20 points and those are worth 1k fens, same goes with buying plots etc.

Each of the achievements below earns points as noted beside it.

#1 Give a positive comment on our Minestatus page! 10 Points for 1 comment, multiple comments are often not appreciated, as they can constitute to spam. So we count only the first post of each person.

#2 Give a positive comment on our Planet Minecraft page! 10 Points for 1 comment, multiple comments are often not appreciated, as they can constitute to spam. So we count only the first post of each person

#3 Buy a plot in a fellow player's city! Each plot you buy in a city gives you 5 points! You can only get 5 points per each city, so be sure to buy one plot in every city!

#4 Youtube videos! Great advertisement! If you want to advertise your favorite server, and earn more points, make an awesome youtube video about the server! Make several youtube videos if you want! Know that we don't want junk, we want quality youtube videos, make a let's play series or whatever, but we want quality videos that don't just try and rack up the points. To earn points on your youtube videos, make them, then post them on youtube, and post a thread on the forums containing the link to the video. For each person that posts on your thread saying that they like your video, you'll earn a point! So make an awesome series! And earn hundreds of points by getting people to like your youtube threads!

*Note, There will be more achievements that can be earned added to the list above, A LOT more!

**Note, that we are changing the welcome sign on the Fenix Server. This is not a specific owner privilege, anyone who is willing to go to the trouble of making a big server event like this, we will be happy to for free change the tag for them as well. This also goes for the server wide mail as well, we do our best to support people who try and make a big event like this happen. Smile

Please! Ask questions! Very Happy

I probably missed various things on this page, so you asking questions will help clarify whatever I missed. Smile

FAQ: This place was added on in answer to all the questions that have been asked.

Q: If me and my friend make a youtube video together, can we split the points?
A: Yes, you can. To split the points of a youtube video, be sure that in the opening post of the thread announcing the youtube video that you specify the people who have helped you make the video that you want to share credit with. The points will be divided up equally between all the people who have credit in the opening post.
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Glitz

Glitz

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Beaver is gonna be soooo mad at you if he reads this..... xD
Back to top Go down
Liamkoos

Liamkoos

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 1:28 am

Im out.. lol i think i will never be fast enough to do that all
Good luck all!!! (i got 1k and no accounts at Planet Minecraft etc) and i am not really good i youtube i can't even make my own channel

Good luck all!!!
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:22 am

Just to clarify, a few people asked about this. The contest has been extended till December.
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Christmas has passed, and I will begin collecting the points for the contest starting now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Here are the score points for the Starship contest.

Starship Storm is Here! News Update! Starsh10

Note... Minestatus seems to have crashed and burned on the comments, as there was 0 comments when I looked there to add to this score board. I'm not entirely sure what happened to planet minecraft either, considering I think there might have been more comments. However the first comment from Kippy was there, so I assumed everything was good.

In any case though, I think it's pretty obvious Jul won from afar. Smile
Congratulations Jul! You are now the proud owner of Storm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starship Storm is Here! News Update!   Starship Storm is Here! News Update! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starship Storm is Here! News Update!
Page 1 of 1