Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ban Appeal For f2n73.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King_Of_Thing_II

King_Of_Thing_II

Ban Appeal For f2n73. Empty
PostSubject: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:58 pm

I am writing this today because f2n73 was unable to post here. I am going to make an attempt to prove his innocence.

First, he sent me a copy of the log when he was banned and the texture pack he was using at the time of ban. I reviewed both the texture pack and the log, and both contained nothing pertaining to X-Ray or hack mods of any kind. The log showed that no mods were installed and that he was running a texture pack that he built, which is a mix of John Smith Legacy, Faithful, and some custom paintings. I searched all the files in the texture pack, only to find pieces of JS Legacy, Faithful, and custom paintings, which were My Little Pony pics. I personally reviewed and tested this texture pack extensively in singleplayer and on my own servers, only to find that it was nothing more than textures.

Here is the login point of his log prior to his ban:

[15:42:17] [main/INFO]: Setting user: f2n73
[15:42:17] [main/INFO]: (Session ID is token:adc66b32fdb44fb18461d3075f3a0d7b:aa74ec6d9ead41ac82b4bc61ef4b96f2)
[15:42:18] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.0
[15:42:19] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, f2n73's Texture Pack.zip
[15:42:20] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[15:42:23] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 1024x512 textures/blocks-atlas
[15:42:23] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures/items-atlas
[15:42:46] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to ip.198.50.141.80.mymc.io., 25618
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [mcMMO] Running version 1.5.00-b3547
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [mcMMO] http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mcmmo/§e - mcMMO Website
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] f2n73 joined the game.
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome, Hunter f2n73!
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /help for a list of commands.
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /list to see who else is online.
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Players online: 4 - World time: 9:59 PM
[15:42:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You have no new mail.

I hope this could shed some light on his case. I am willing to provide copies of both the log and texture pack, although I am not too fond to send his texture pack, as it is rather large.

Thank you,

King Of Thing II

~Founder of Hellius~
 afro afro afro 
Back to top Go down
http://fenixservermc.wix.com/website
King_Of_Thing_II

King_Of_Thing_II

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am

By the way, this is for you owners, this was made to try and get him unbanned. A reply would be appreciated. Wink

King Of Thing II

~Head Of The Thing Kindom~
~Founder Of Hellius~
 afro afro afro 

Last edited by King_Of_Thing_II on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Signature)
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Hello!

First of all, I want to say that I am pleased to see you sticking up for your friend. It is good to see people sticking up for each other.

However... I'm afraid that I will not consider his unban on this post alone.

To refute the various evidences that you have provided, I will simply state these simple facts.

#1 Texture pack xrays DO NOT find diamonds for you. The only thing a xray texture pack can find is caves, and holes etc. They are highly effective at finding caves, and they are highly effective at finding hidden chests, dungeons and what not, but they do not work for finding diamonds that are hidden in solid rock. At least... they didn't work for finding diamonds in solid rock last I checked. The only way he could have xrayed for diamonds in solid rock was to have installed an actual xray mod, and this is the only way that I know of.

Do note that xray texture packs are indeed illegal, and I will not tolerate them, same as I do not tolerate xray mods.

#2, Showing a log of his entry into the server tells us little, to nothing. It does not tell us that he wasn't hacking, neither does it tell us he was clean etc. Most xray mods do not announce their presence on the console for obvious reasons.

In short, Me, Bee, and Owl were all watching F2n73, and we are all sure that he xrayed. We're not just 90% sure, we're not just 99% sure, we are all 100% sure. And if you choose to believe that we are dumb and stupid, the server was also 100% sure. Every single plugin and device we have installed on the server to watch hackers and xrayers was calling out telling us that he was xraying. In short, there was no way possible that he wasn't xraying.

He was looking through walls, climbing up a few blocks, hitting diamond, going down a few blocks, hitting diamonds, making weird turns, and even going diagonal to diamond deposits, skipping all else. If he told you that he wasn't xraying, then you can be sure that he is lying his face off to you.

In any case... I will consider unbanning him, if the following conditions are met.

#1, HE make a post... Not you King, Not another one of his friends etc... I require that the person banned make a post Him Self.

#2, He must admit to doing wrong, and he must ask for forgiveness. In such a case where Me, Bee, and Owl are all 100% certain, plus every plugin on the server, I will not accept the insult of being called wrong. The very idea that we'd unban him is based on the idea that he is sorry for what he did, and will do his best to not do it again. If he just goes spouting off that he did nothing wrong and that we're wrong, then obviously he's not sorry, and therefor should not be unbanned.

#3, The various people from Fenix MUST log onto the forums, and post to f2n73's unban appeal, asking him to be unbanned. I will only consider unbanning him if the populace of the server actually wants him unbanned.

If these three conditions are met, it is very likely that he will be unbanned. When he is unbanned though, all his land will be wiped, his money will be wiped, and his inventory will be wiped. He will restart as a wanderer. We do not take hackers/xrayers kindly, and while we will allow people who have hacked/xrayed back into the server on their first strike, we will not let them go by without at least losing what they hacked to achieve.

A simple guide line that we will most likely follow on all ban appeals is this.

#1 The banned person make his own post.
#2 He says that he is sorry.
#3 At least several people from the server making posts that they want him back.

On unban we will wipe all of the previously banned person's land, money, and inventory, he will come in as a wanderer, nothing more.

The first ban is almost always open for an unban if the previous three conditions are met.
The second ban is sometimes open for an unban if the previous three conditions are met, plus a waiting period of at least 6 months.
The third ban is permanent, and never to be revoked... unless severe circumstances are called in.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask away.

Sorry if I appear to be a bit harsh, but we will not accept xrayers, or hackers on our server.
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
King_Of_Thing_II

King_Of_Thing_II

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:02 pm

I completely understand your harshness Juran as do I respect your decisions on his case, and I do back you. Thank you for your consideration.

King Of Thing II

~Head Of The Thing Kingdom~
~Founder Of Hellius~
 afro afro afro 
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 am

I'm locking this topic seeing as another official one has been made. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal For f2n73.   Ban Appeal For f2n73. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal For f2n73.
Page 1 of 1