Fenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP Empty
PostSubject: Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP   Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:39 am

Hello all!

Many of you have had questions recently, regarding a lot of new players coming onto our server from another server called "Skillz". Those questions become even more questions when these new players claim that we're going to be hosting their server.

In a form, they are right.

Owl_Talon, BeeAngel, and even me, played on Skillz, a skyblock/island server. This was a while ago, however the owner remembered Owl and Beeangel as being very good players. Ownership of Skillz has become somewhat troublesome seeing as the previous owner, "Zektrix1" has become preoccupied with other things, and no-one else had the ability to host the server faithfully.

Zek has offered us the entire Skillz server, player base and all, if we could host it. Essentially, he has offered to us the ownership of his server seeing as he don't want to let his playerbase down, and wants to make sure they get a good home. We have accepted.

Here is how it's going to work out.

We are currently in the process of upgrading a premium server on the Fenix 2.0 survival server. A premium server will provide us a better CPU, as well as less lag for all involved. This means that the old Fenix 1.0, and the current Fenix 2.0 servers are going to be empty. We plan to host the Skillz island server on the Fenix 2.0 server, and create a bungeecord network using the Fenix 1.0 server. In short, we'll be expanding Fenix, to also include a type of skyblock, and Fenix will be upgrading to a multiple server network, at no additional cost, seeing as we already have the servers necessary.

To make it less technical, and summarize.

We will now have a skyblock/island server, ALONGSIDE our survival server.

Old WIP FAQ
Spoiler:

Updated with new information, changes to the plan, thanks to Owl_Talon, Beeangel and some of the old staff members of Skillz.

FAQ:

Q: Will this new Skillz server that is being made part of Fenix have it's own staff, owner, and management?
A: Yes, and no. I, (Juran_Fox) Will be the owner, the staff will be commanded by me, and it will be managed by me. For now all the old staff will remain until I get a better idea of what's going on with the server, and see how it's run and managed.

Q: Will the Skillz server keep the name "Skillz"?
A: It will be merged with Fenix, and be called "Fenix Skillz"

Q: I am an old player of Skillz, will I keep my island?
A: As far as I'm concerned, currently the answer to that is yes.

Q: Will the Skillz server remain the same as it was previously?
A: For now yes, however I do intend to change a few things to make things more interesting, and for that I will rely heavily on player feedback.

Q: As an old player of Skillz, I have a fear of lag, or downtime.
A: I assure you, the new Fenix Island server will have a +99.50% uptime if I can help it, and little to no lag. Fenix abhors lag.

Q: Does this mean that Fenix survival will be changing or disappearing?
A: No, there is no changed planned to Fenix Survival.

Q: Are you going to be needing more donations to host this?
A: Currently no, we're running it on the hardware we have available, which means no extra costs. If the island server expands greatly, we may need to upgrade the running memory.

If there are any further questions on this topic that I have missed, please post below, and I will answer them.

Have a great day! Smile
Juran_Fox
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Nickellizard

Nickellizard

PostSubject: Re: Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP   Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Hey Juran ... I like the changes that have been made to the Islands server. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Juran_Fox
Admin
Juran_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP   Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Well thank you! Smile
It always makes me glad to hear people enjoying my work.

I have been inactive for these last few days dew to hardware failure, however I am slowly crawling back up to being active again. See you on the server soon!
Back to top Go down
https://fenix.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP   Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fenix hosting the old Skillz Island server WIP
Page 1 of 1